Part-Time Theater Staff
City Lights Cinemas is currently looking for a part-time theatre staffer. This job description has changed: if you have applied previously, please determine whether you remain qualified and interested and resubmit your resume and cover letter.
We are seeking a highly organized individual with a winning personality who has experience working in the arts to handle day-to-day front of house cinema operations for films and special events. Dedication to the goals of excellent customer service and outstanding film presentation are essential.
Candidates should be self-starters who can work collaboratively. We are creating a high quality movie-going experience at City Lights, and your dedication to delivering this to our customers is critical.
Shifts are primarily evenings and weekends. Approximately 20 hours per week— a flexible schedule is a plus.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide prompt, efficient, exemplary customer service
- Maintain cleanliness of theater, lobby, and concessions areas at all times
- Operate concessions equipment
- Operate POS system for ticket and concession sales
- Answer customer questions regarding programs and events
- Troubleshoot and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous care and maintenance of equipment and theater space (physical plant)
- Work closely with other staff to ensure professional presentation and quality work environment.
- Work and communicate with vendors, deliveries, and collaborators
- A minimum of one year’s experience in customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a team setting
- Computer literate with excellent math skills and attention to detail
- Candidates should dress well and maintain a professional appearance (no uniforms will be necessary)
- Hold or will obtain an OLCC server’s permit and Lane County food handler’s permit within 30 days.
- Tech savvy and interested in learning new technology and digital projection systems
- Basic graphic design experience or marketing skills
- Film industry, arts and/or movie theater experience
- The ideal candidate can work with iMovie or other video program to help create promotional trailers
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues and perform light maintenance and periodic cleaning
- Interest in community outreach and growing audience attendance
*Deadline is open until filled. We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please do not call or drop off resumes.